Thursday, November 04, 2004

Bummed..

(orginally posted 11.3.04)

I can't believe he was re-elected. I shouldnt be surprised, I suppose- I was hanging on to hope that America would come through.. but my worst fear was confirmed. The general American public looked past some un-deniable core problems with our once-again current administration.

So I'm wondering.. why did Washington D.C. vote 90 percent Kerry? Isn't that pretty much the hub U.S. politics? 90 PERCENT!!! Seems odd only 9 percent of people in D.C. would vote for our new president.

It seems no suprise that the best colleges and universities in America are on east and west coast..

Haliburton's stock went through the roof today...

So after I spend today reveling in my melancholy- I will wake up tomorrow with even more hope and determination to bring back justice in America. I have a good idea there will be plenty of opportunities in the few coming years to stand up and fight against blatent and intentional mis-justice.

Clinton was impeached for a blowjob...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
2:28p
I'm going through rather intense swings of emotion. It's strange. Most of it as of yet has just been bummed- flat out. Disappointed in America. Furious. Scared Shitless. Bummed.

I've been reading through the floods of posts, emails, etc, etc that are going around today. Many hit the nail on the head: so many people voted for a man based on the projected 'image' -- and still have no idea they were PLAYED. The Bush people knew exactly what they were doing, and knew it would work. People don't want to pay attention to issues, or exert any energy to free thought. They want to be involved just enough to be part of the crowd- or to bot feel completly ignorant, then go watch sitcoms.. OF COURSE those people are going to believe in a man painted as 'steadfast, good ol boy, texas twang ranch owning spine of tempered steel president who will fight evil overseas so we don't fight it here' -- thats catered for the average spoiled american.
And why did the educated vote for Kerry? b/c they understand this fighting overseas is bringing more shit home. and more of our sons and daughters away. and the other issues aside from national security are so incredibley ridiculous and just plain frightening.. the choice was obvious.

But here we are.. Not much we can do about it now. Besides WATCH CAREFULLY. And always be ready to stand up for our freedom.
And certainly be careful to stay sane- and not forget about loving one another.
Im not running away. But Im freaked out right now. Right now, I have a pit in my stomach and I feel like crying. I think Im going to change my picture.

I went to the beach to eat my lunch. And it was incredibly beautiful. An absolutely gorgeous day- and I felt comforted. Like it's not going to be so bad. I believe this, it won't be so bad. Though I don't think it will be easy. I think we will have some incredible challenges to face- some hard choices to make.
Diverting for a moment in the immediate discussion, I love California.. I really do.. You don't fuck with the people of California- the "power of the people" dances free in this state. What made me think of this today: the office I work in recently re-decorated. I think most people were excited. Until we came to work with halls painted yellow, and absolutely ATROCIOUS black and ORANGE tight-patterned carpet. It makes you dizzy.. That was a few weeks ago. Today.. I came to work- the walls are now gray, and the carpet is being replaced. Why? Because people bitched !!!! And wouldn't stand for it!!! And made the office change it!!
A tiny example of why I love California.

So I just learned the President announced today the govt has no more money, and is urging Congress to raise the debt ceiling. Didnt take long. The Republicans now have the majority in the House and the Senate. Im scared.

I cant think about this anymore right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11.4.04 10:59AM

So I went out last night, and was among some friends who were pro-Bushers.. They completely cornered me and figuratively beat the shit out of me. Though I do understand the general direction they're coming from. The extreme left is bad- and will come up with anything to go against the 'establishment' .. and John Kerry wasn't exactly the ideal candidate.

But I still do not understand how people can support a man with such policies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home