Thursday, December 08, 2005

Disjointed

I ride my bike around town. There's lots of traffic on the roads and sidewalks. Riding my bike through traffic is something simple I'm good at. True, there are iminate dangers and a level of uncertainty that is constant, no matter how good you are. But the rules are simple. Find your path, keep pedaling, watch everything around you and excercise your mobility when neccessary. That's it. Spot the obsacles and avoid them. It's a great time to really listen to your tunes through headphones, then you get to where your going.
Everything else... not so simple. Trying to navigate the streets and sidewalks of life is a bit more of a challenge. True, the rules are probably fairly similar, but the obstacles aren't as easy to spot. And theres not much emotional impact when riding your bike. You don't decide to take a street because it reminds you too much of your ex-girlfriend. You try to don't pedal as fast as you can and with proper and efficient form and because you eventually want a house, wife and kids. The roads are marked, the traffic is regulated, you know exactly where you are going and know know exactly how to get there. I guess that's the real difference.

I love music so much. Sometimes I get sick of listening to it. I can't find a song that I possibley want to hear. But then, most of the time really, I will zone out on something else while music is playing, then it will come back to my attention, and i am suspended in its tide, sending waves through me, my head swaying and a smile on my face.
I love being in movement and glancing at the world around me. Little moments of unexpected happening life. A person on the sidewalk glancing at something a certain curious way. A group of pidgeons flying off from a roof as the bus passes and the sun sets. I don't know what these moments mean. They don't mean anything. Compared to what "really means" something. I don't even know what that is. If you hurt someone, I suppose. That matters. That makes a difference. That causes pain. But pain is part of all of our lives so who are we to say it's an issue. But then, life is a constantly fluctuating moment that we have great influance on. And causing pain on something else inveriabley causes pain on us and changes the universe.
Ehh... I'm going to go ride my bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home